Dr. Zahid has been working as Registrar (in the rank of Professor) at Britannia University, Comilla, Bangladesh since 6th February 2017. As he is holding the position of Adjunct Professor of the university, he is regularly teaching two courses with the students of MBA/EMBA and BBA programmes. He taught different subjects like Research Methodology, Human Resource Planning, Human Resource Management, Strategic Human Resource Management, Organisation Behaviour, Project Management, Training and Development at Britannia University, Comilla from February 2015 as a part time teacher (Adjunct Professor).
He has also 33 years of working experience at Bangladesh Academy for Rural Development (BARD), Comilla, Bangladesh in the areas of training/teaching, research and project experimentation in the field of rural development and development administration, especially on human resources management, entrepreneurship development, financial management, development administration, local government institution, co-operatives, local level planning and project management. He has extensive experience in conducting adaptive research, survey and evaluation studies, feasibility studies and preparation of qualitative and quantitative reports in different areas of social science and business.
He has authored more than 45 books/research and consultancy reports and journal articles on business studies and different areas of development which have been published at home and abroad. He supervised thesis work of two MBA/M.Sc. students of Chittagong University and Khulna University of Bangladesh and assisted many students of different universities in pursuing M. Phil and Ph. D studies as a mandate of the organization.
He regularly performed editorial works covering journals, annual reports, newsletters, brochures and research reports.
He has also extensive experience in assessing training needs, designing course curriculum, preparing of training handbook/facilitator guide, organizing in-country and international training programmes/workshops/seminars for the officials of government and semi-government organizations and NGOs executives. He conducted training classes with the governmental and non-governmental officials, and students of public, private and international universities in different areas of development administration, financial management, HRM and rural development. He acted as resource person in the Research Methodology Courses and Advanced Research Methodology Courses organised for the Faculty Members of Social Science Faculty and Science Faculty at Jahangir Nagar University, Comilla University and School of Military Intelligence (Comilla).
He was involved as Convenor in designing Development Project Proposal (DPP) on 'One House One Farm (Ekti Bari Ekti Khamar)' Project, which is being implemented by the Ministry of Local Government, Rural Development and Co-operatives. He also prepared many project proposals (PP, DPP, TPP) on different areas of rural development. He has obtained vast experience through working with different national and international project sponsoring organizations namely USAID, DFID, UNDP, ILO, ADB, PKSF, The Asia Foundation, Manusher Jonno Foundation and the World Bank.
1. Zahid, S. J. Anwar (2016). Project Management, Dhaka: Samanya Prokashani (An awaiting publication).
2. Zahid, S. J. Anwar, and Tapash Kumar Biswas (2016). Education Research (In Bangla), Dhaka: Samanya Prokashani (An awaiting publication).
3. Zahid, S. J. Anwar, and Tapash Kumar Biswas (2016). Research Methodology (In Bangla), Dhaka: Samanya Prokashani.
4. Zahid, S. J. Anwar et. al. (2014). Value Chain Analysis of Agricultural Commodities in Bangladesh, Comilla: BARD.
5. Zahid, S. J. Anwar, and Biswas, Tapash Kumar (2013). Business and Marketing Research (In Bangla), Comilla: Samara Prokashoni.
6. Zahid, S. J. Anwar, et. al (2012). Product Marketing through Co-operatives (In Bangla), Comilla: BARD.
7. Zahid, S. J. Anwar (2010). Rural Development Planning and Project Management in Bangladesh, Comilla: BARD (Revised Edition).
8. Khan, Akhtar Hossain et. al. (2000). Post Training Utilization Study on Management of Union Parishad and Women Development, Comilla: BARD.
9. Qudus, Md. Abdul et. al. (2000). Participation of Women in Local Government Institution, Comilla: BARD.
10. Zahid, S. J. Anwar and Rahman, Md. Mizanur (1998). "Framework on Management of Local Level Planning in Bangladesh" In Ahmed, Salehuddin and Zahid, S. J. Anwar (ed.), Strategies and Issues of Local Level Planning in Bangladesh, Comilla: BARD.
11. Zahid, S. J. Anwar and Ahmed, Kamaluddin (1996). Impact of Exemption of Agricultural Loans on Credit Institutions, Comilla: BARD.
12. Zahid, S.J. Anwar (1996). Development Planning & Project Management in Bangladesh, Comilla: BARD.
13. Ahmed, Salehuddin and Zahid, S. J. Anwar (ed.) (1994). Strategies and Issues of Local Level Planning in Bangladesh (ed.), Comilla: BARD.
14. Ahmed, Salehuddin et. al. (ed.) (1993). Coping with Flood: A Study on 1993 Flood in Bangladesh, Comilla: BARD (Mimeo).
15. Karim, Razeul, Zahid, S. J. Anwar and Others (1993). Adarsha Gram Project in Bangladesh: Situation in 8 "Gram" of Greater Comilla and Noakhali, Comilla: BARD.
16. Zahid, S. J. Anwar and Ahmed, Kamal Uddin (1993). Self- reliance of the Thana Central Cooperative Association: Case Study of Two TCCAs, Comilla: BARD.
- Zahid, S. J. Anwar (1987). Accounts-keeping of Cooperative Societies-A Case Study, Comilla: BARD. Journal Articles
- Zahid, S. J. Anwar (2013). Setting Training Objectives and Selection of Contents for a Training Programme, in PROSHIKAN, Vol. 21, No.2, July-December, 2013.
- Zahid, S. J. Anwar (2008). Job Analysis: A Tool of Human Resource Management, in PROSHIKAN, January-June, 2008.
- Zahid, S. J. Anwar and Ali, Md. Easin (2006). Skilled Youth Manpower in Economic and Youth Development in Bangladesh: A Review (Bangla), in LOK PROSHASON SAMOEEKY, No.40, February 2010.
- Zahid, S. J. Anwar (2002). Women Entrepreneurship Development and Self-Employment: Bangladesh Perspective, in Pally Unnayan (Bangla Journal of BARD).
- Zahid, S. J. Anwar (2001). Training Management through Budget, in PROSHIKAN, Vol. III, July – December, 2001.
- Zahid, S. J. Anwar (2001). Formulation of Participatory Local Level Planning and Selection Procedures of Projects: Concepts and Techniques, in Lokproshashon Samoeeky, Vol. 20, September in 2001.
- Zahid, S. J. Anwar (2000). Project Cycle and EIA Process, in Lokproshashon Samoeeky, BPATC, Savar, Vol. 17, December, 2000.
- Zahid, S. J. Anwar (2000). Training Curriculum Development, in PROSHIKAN, Vol.8, No.1, January-June, 2000.
- Zahid, S. J. Anwar (1999). Training Needs Assessment: Concept and Methods, in PROSHIKAN, Vol. 7, No.2, December, 1999.
- Zahid, S. J. Anwar (1999). Training Evaluation: Concepts and Techniques, in PROSHIKAN, Vol. 6, No.1, January-June, 1999.
- Zahid, S. J. Anwar (1994). Selections and Implementation of Development Project under Risk and Uncertainty (in Bangla), Rural Development, January 1994.
- Zahid, S. J. Anwar and Uddin, Md. Jashim (1990). Socio-economic Characteristics of Rural Poor: A Case Study of Two Villages, in The Journal of Rural Development, Vol. XX. No. 1, January 1990. Consultancy Reports/Works
- Zahid, S. J. Anwar et. al. (2016). Impact of Micro-Credit Programme of Department of Yougth Development in Bangladesh, Department of Youth Development (DYD), Comilla: BARD (Sponsored by Ministry of Youth and Sports).
- Zahid, S. J. Anwar et. al. (2016). Socio-economic Household Census at Two Unions, Comilla: BARD (Sponsored by Manusher Jonno Foundation with the fund provided by DFID).
- Zahid, S. J. Anwar et. al. (2014). Impact of Vulnerable Gourp Development Activity in Bangladesh, Comilla: BARD (Sponsored by Ministry of Women and Child Affairs).
- Zahid, S. J. Anwar et. al. (2014). Impact Analysis of National Service Programme of Barguna and Gopalgonj Districts, Ministry of Yougth and Sports.
- Dasgupta, Swapan Kumar and Zahid, S. J. Anwar and others (2013). Governance of Public Service Delivery of Bangladesh: Role of Parliament Members (Sponsored by The Asia Foundation), Comilla: BARD.
- Zahid, S. J. Anwar, and Abdullah Al Hossain (2013),“Assessing Training Needs of BCS (Economic) Cadre Officers”, National Academy for Training and Development (NAPD), Dhaka.
- Zahid, S. J. Anwar et. al (2010). Socio-economic and Organizational Situation of Comprehensive Village Development Programme (CVDP), Comilla: BARD.
- Zahid, S. J. Anwar et. al (2008). Socio-economic Impact Assessment of IPSWAM Polders in Southern and South-Western Zones of Bangladesh, BWDB, Dhaka.
- Zahid, S. J. Anwar (2006). Impact Assessment of Chickpea in the High Barind Tract, Centre for Arid Zone Study, University of Wales, UK.
Zahid, S. J. Anwar (2005). Baseline Survey of the Bangladesh Rural Enterprise and Agricultural Development (BREAD)-II Project, Dhaka: Winrock International- Bangladesh.
Zahid, S. J. Anwar (2005). Assessment of Awareness Level of Stakeholders Regarding Wetland Resources and Bio-diversity Conservation” for the Management of Aquatic Ecosystems through Community Husbandry (MACH) Project, Dhaka: Winrock International- Bangladesh.
Blake, Harry et. al (2004). Third Output To Purpose Review (01/12/04 – 15/12/04) for the Community Based Fisheries Management (CBFM) Project (Phase-II) of the World Fish Center, Dhaka: DFID-Bangladesh.
Roy, Mihir Kumar et. al. (2002). Microfinance Diversification for Micro-Enterprise Development towards Sustainable Poverty Alleviation, Dhaka: Credit and Development Forum (Unpublished Report).
Karim, Bazlul, et. al. (1997). Training Needs Assessment for Palli Karma Sahayak Foundation and its Partner Organizations' Staff, Bogra: Rural Development Academy.
Other Academic Works
Kashem, Mohmmad Mir et. al. (2011). Exposure Visit to Malaysia, Comilla: BARD.
Kashem, Mohmmad Mir et. al. (2011). Framework of Upazila Five Year Plan, Comilla: BARD (Unpublished).
Khan, Akhtar, Hossain et al. (1998). Training Course Facilitators' Guide on "Financial Management" for Manager, Deputy Manager and Assistant Manager of PKSF.
Zahid, S. J. Anwar (1995). "Economic Appraisal of Poverty Focused Rural Development Projects" in Quddus, Md. Abdul (ed.), Poverty Focused Rural Development: A Handbook on a Regional Training Programme, Comilla: BARD.
Zahid, S. J. Anwar (1993). Cooperative Accounts Manual (in Bangla), Comilla: BARD.
International Publications/Seminar Papers
Zahid, S. J. Anwar (2014). Climate Change and Agriculture: Adaptation and Mitigation in Bangladesh, Paper Presented in the International AARDO Workshop on Climate Change and Agriculture: Adaptation and Mitigation in Bangladesh held at Ministry of Agriculture, Colombo, Sri Lanka during 22-28 September 2014 (This paper was published by AARDO, New Delhi in 2014).
Zahid, S. J. Anwar, Guha, Ranjan Kumar and Hussain, Abdullah Al (2015). Efficacy of Initiatives/Programmes on Rural Income and Poverty Alleviation: A Way Forward, Paper Presented in the Seminar on ‘Interest –Free Micro-Finance for Sustainable Livelihood’ held in Islamabad, Pakistan during 5-7 May 2015.